Thursday, July 30, 2009

When Harry Met Sally.....








I find myself counting down the days and the minutes and the hours.... Rickey and I have been engaged for three weeks tomorrow, and it has been the most exciting, the most stressful, the most happy, the most anxious, and the most ready i have ever felt to get these next 330-odd-something days over with so that I can just marry the love of my life. Rickey and I knew, when we were setting a date, that we wanted to make sure things were "out of the way" in our lives so that our marriage could be the "focus" of our life after the wedding. We wanted school to be over. We wanted time to plan and not have to feel rushed in the planning stages. We wanted to savor the feeling of the "engagement" and have time to plan other things such as where we would live and getting jobs in new cities with less stress. That being said, I am so glad that we are going to take our time and make this time last. But, I have easily realized that on the flip-side, I am so ready to be Rickey's wife. I have been sick with ear infections for the last two days and Rickey has taken such amazing care of me. It was the first time I have ever been SICK enough to not want to get up and do things, and just lay on the couch. It was also the first time that Rickey seemed to just take charge and take complete care of me. Anything I needed, he made it happen. I even wanted a special kind of chicken noodle soup, and he made sure I had it. He's always gone above and beyond to make sure I was taken care of and all my needs were met but this just made me fall in love with him so much more. After I felt better, Rickey and I had the house to ourselves and it, for the first time, didnt feel like we were playing house, but felt like it was real and we were "married". We cooked dinner (which we never really do). I washed the dishes and we sat down at the table with Abner underneath our chairs, said our dinner prayers and ate dinner. We had the best conversation, and laughed. We talked about our day, what Rick did at the baseball field, wedding plans, just small - intimate things that might not matter to many people but meant the world to us. From the very beginning, Rickey and I have always appreciated the small things in our lives. We both understood that if we appreciate the small things, the BIG things in our lives will be most special and more rewarding than we could ever imagine. Little things like setting the table for our hamburger helper dinner, while Rickey is fixing us something to drink... Or how we ALWAYS work as a team when it comes to taking Abner out to go to the bathroom (one takes him out, one fixes his food to eat)... I guess I am just ready to marry Rickey, but at the same time I am excited that we are taking it slow and having time to plan the PERFECT wedding for US. It is best said in the movie, "When Harry Met Sally", when Harry says, "... when you meet the person that you want to spend the rest of your life with, you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible."...

Im rambling, I know.... On a lighter note, Rickey and I had our first engagement party in LA and we had an ABSOLUTEL BLAST! Rickey's cousins Ashley and Parker Jenkins and Nicole and Shane Young threw the party along with Rickey's Parents and his Aunt and Uncle. We had Rickey's favorite meal of fried catfish and home made french fries (he could literally eat this meal everyday of his life). Critter, Jereme Simmons, and Josh Cantu (all groomsmen) came to the party along with all the family, friends, and brothers! We sat around and listened to Rickey's mom, dad, and family give us toasts (which naturally made me cry). They also bought us an Indian Marriage Vase which is to represent our marriage. It was very special and sentimental to us. I officially have the best future in laws in the world. I have some pics to show of the engagement party. Many more parties to come.... Just another thing I keep counting down until!

Enough for now, Im exhausted... More to come when I have something more interesting...

Avec tout mon couer.. The future Mrs. Rickey Noland.

No comments:

Post a Comment