Saturday, July 11, 2009

Going to the chapel and we're... Gonnnna get MARRIED!







Bonjour! Well, this is an exciting and blessed day today. Each and every day that we get to wake up and experiance life is a blessed day, but THIS day, is extra special because im waking up with a Fiance'... :) Rickey proposed at exactly 10:00 pm last night, July 10th, 2009... Heres how it goes for those who want to know..

Yesterday was just a regular day. I woke up with a pounding migraine and played with abner to try to make my head feel better. Rickey and I went and had lunch with Ashley at Brass Monkey, which is WONDERFUL if you havent tried it yet.. After that, we came home and took a nap, just a regular day in our lives. At the beginning of the week, Rickey had said that he wanted to take me to dinner at one of my favorite places, Downtown Grille, in Oxford. I could eat thier signature dish, Catfish Lafitte, every day of my life so needless to say i was pumped for dinner. Rickey and I ordered a great bottle of Chateau St. Michelle and had a blast just chatting and talking. I can honestly say it was one of the best dinners we have ever had! We split our staple dessert of choice, creme' brulee, and headed home to what I THOUGHT was a packing session for Baton Rouge in the morning. On the drive home, Rickey and I were talking about special memories we have had of our time together. He mentioned that he wanted to drive through town in WV and go to the park, the place that we had one of our favorite memories and a very special and sentimental place to me. The gazebo in WV was previously old and run down, and while my betty was alive, she was involved in the Garden Club. One project she committed herself to while she was President of the club was to restore the gazebo. It has always been very special to us and was definately a special place in her heart. The first time that Rickey and I had a date in Water Valley, he had to see the park and the gazebo that she so intently worked on. That night, we checked out all the bricks that were inscribed on the ground and slow danced at midnight on that Gazebo. Soooooo.. when we got to the park LAST NIGHT, Rickey wanted to go dance on the gazebo again.. ME, being the clueless and gullible girl that I am, said ok and thought nothing of it. Rickey is quite the romantic so i thought this was him just being.. well, Rickey.. When we got to the steps, I could see a million rose petals and lit candles (1,000 rose petals and 112 candles to be exact).. Rickey grabbed my hand and we slow danced for a second... He asked me if i knew how much he loved me, pulled out the ring, got down on one knee and officially asked me to marry him. My sister and best friend were also there watching the taking pictures of the entire thing, so i am so happy that i can look back and see my proposal. It was SOOOO perfect for US. Very special. Very sentimental. VERY RICKEY. This morning I am so happy. I have thought many times of betty and how happy that i feel she is, smiling down upon me and Rick this morning. All of our friends have been so wonderful with congratulations and sweet words. It is so amazing to have such a great support system behind us. I even think that Abner was happy when we got home, his tail wagged more than usual. ;) I cant believe that Rickey and I are going to get married and start our lives together. What a happy and exciting thought. I am truly blessed.

Avec tout mon couer, L

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations to you both

    We Love Ya'll
    Aunt Gina & Uncle Rollie

    please check out our blog:

    www.ginathurston.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you had a picture of the ring. Rickey told me via text last week, and I just could hardly wait! We are so happy for you both! You know we love Rickey like our own son, so we welcome you too as our daughter. If you ever need anything at all, we will always be here for you both! God bless you and keep you! BIG HUGS!! I am so excited !!!

    Love,
    Mrs. Christy

    ReplyDelete