Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Let the planning begin..... holy cow...





Good Gracious.... Who ever thought that weddings would be so much fun to plan yet so stressful at the same time? Honestly, I am not stressed out the least. It has been a lot of fun being engaged for the last, oh what... SIX DAYS?!?! :) Rickey and I are soooooooo blessed to have such amazing friends that give us great advice and families who are behind us. I am on pins and needles waiting to go see Rick's family next weekend. I cannot wait! Mrs. Dana is just the best person in the ENTIRE world and I have so many questions for her about china, and dishes, and flowers, and dresses, and this and that.. She is so creative and just a blast to be around so I am looking forward to her helping me as much as she can. Candice is also helping me, and this girl is like serious "wedding planner and organizer of the century". I am not lying. She is throwing me and Rickey a "stock the bar" party and we are very excited about it. We have so many showers and parties to go to, almost averging One a Month, so this is going to be a blast of a year! I never, in a million years, thought that so many people would be soooo excited and sooo happy for our engagement. It has totally filled our hearts with joy.. I have booked the church, gotten the preacher (who is a family friend and my campus minister for my church), gotten on top of things with my cake, still checking out flowers, think I have an idea of dresses and colors, checking out invitations, and STILL WORKING on the reception venue. Rickey and I want to try to get as much done as we can during these last summer weeks because when the fall hits its school, baseball, work, life, coaching, and planning.. and THAT might be when it becomes stressful.. But right now, its just Bliss... Rickey said last night that he felt like a celebrity, but I told him that he was because he is the BEST fiance' in the world and just executed the most perfect proposal with the perfect ring and.. well everything Rick does seems to be perfect.. I am so very lucky.. In two weeks we have our first engagement party in Louisiana. Rickey's cousins, Ashley, Parker, Shane, and Nicole are throwing it for us. We are so excited. I have to get a bunch of pictures and things that represent us (baseballs, bats, nursing stuff, cheerleading stuff) together for the "memory table" they are setting up. This should be PRECIOUS! I will take lots of pics and post them. Two weeks after this, we have a second engagement party being thrown in Louisiana by the LaBarre family. Logan LaBarre is one of Rickey's best friends from high school and his mom and dad are throwing a MASSIVE party for us. We are SOOO EXCITED! I think that most of my bridesmaids and most of his groomsmen will be there so I cannot wait for the first time that EVERYONE MEETS! YAY! All these people mean the world to Rickey and myself, and its just going to be a blast. And in November, Candice, Glenn and The Kidder family are throwing our Stock the Bar engagement party. We are JACKED about this one because it will be the first time that Rickeys friends come to Oxford and Candice throws one heck of a party... My heart is just soooooo happy.... I cannot even explain... I never needed this ring that rickey made for me (cause I would have taken a ring out of a cracker jack box), and i almost didnt need the question that he asked (because i always felt i would marry him, we just "fit").. All i EVER needed was Rick, day in and day out, for the rest of my days.... He's my Person. Enough rambling..... Avec tout mon couer.... The "soon to be" Lacey Noland.

No comments:

Post a Comment