Friday, August 28, 2009

Giving Back....



At a time when I feel so lucky to be able to have a wedding of my dreams, a family that supports me, friends that back me, and a fiance' who wants to spend the rest of his life with me, I have been overcome with the feeling of being blessed.. That being said, I have been looking for this for a long time and finally figured out how to get the links attached and online paperwork filled out for this to work... SOOOO I am happy to blog tonight about mine and Rickey's membership to the I Do Foundation. This was a foundation set up by a few large scale corporations to give back during a couple's exciting wedding time. Through this foundation, we have been able to link both our Target and Pottery Barn wedding registries to our charity of choice, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital. Any purchase made from these stores carrying our registries will donate 5 percent donation to our charity. You can also access the charity link and donate directly to St. Jude through the I Do Foundation. This means such a great deal to me because having worked at St. Jude before, I understand the massive undertaking it costs to maintain the everyday runnings of the campus (over 1 million dollars a day to run all facilities). Not only that, the hospital is one of the most amazing places I have ever been in my entire life. Angels from above definitely work there are lives are saved every year through research and hard work in the fields of pediatric cancer and pediatric illnesses that can be fatal. Rickey and I have toured St. Jude together and it is very special to us both. We do not need ANYTHING from our registries, being able to get married and be happy with each other is more than enough and we are blessed, but these children need more and this organization deserves more than any of us will ever know! If you are in search of a charitable cause, consider St. Jude and becoming a official St. Jude Partner in Hope!



Avec tout mon couer ~ Lace and Rick




Click HERE to go to our I Do Foundation link!

http://www.idofoundation.org/37740



You can also learn more about the foundation by going to www.IDoFoundation.org




Thinking of becoming a St. Jude Partner in Hope? CLICK HERE!

www.stjude.org


You can also find a link at our wedding webite! CLICK HERE!

http://www.theknot.com/ourwedding/LaceyHarris&RickeyNoland

No comments:

Post a Comment