Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Making a List.. Checking it Twice...

Not time for Santa yet, but I feel like I'm working as my own little Elf with the wedding (and life) TO DO list that Rick and I have created for ourselves! AHH! No worries though, all is well in wedding planning world, and we (should I say I) love it. As of right now, I have about 50 things that I need to be doing for the wedding, and then about 50 million other things I need to be doing for LIFE but I can sit and blog about it and somehow feel "accomplished" for these next ten minutes.

This Labor day weekend was fantastic. There is something so great about just being Lazy. You know, the kind of lazy that makes you tired from laying around and watching movies all day. I left the clinic Friday afternoon, hit the road and met Rick in Cleveland for our departure to my favorite place, Denham Springs and Baton Rouge. We drug Abner from his happy humble abode and loaded him in the car for the four hour travel to my home away from home. We got there around midnight and immediately crashed. The next few days were spent literally snoozing, eating, relaxing with the family, wedding chatting with Mrs. Dana, and admiring the new Noland kitchen. Now these things might be just so miniscule and small in other peoples lives but to me and Rick Rick, we LOVE this. We love the idea of being MARRIED, we love the idea of restoring furniture, of bringing abner (and kids one day) to see Papa Rick and Mrs. Dana, hanging with the brothers, laughing with them, our abita and football games, and abner time. WE LOVE THIS. Rick and I have always been family people and we love to surround ourselves with the people who make us the most happy. He and I also took time to go back to Richard's (our engagement ring man who totally made ALL our dreams come true) and pick our our wedding bands! This was fun, and kind of emotional. Rickey picked out a beautiful, yet masculine, ring that I cannot wait to see on his finger every day and I got to see the wedding band(s) that are designed for my engagement ring. Yes, I said that Right... BANDS.. My fiance' is SO GOOD to me, that not only do I get one band for the wedding, but i get an additional band "because it evens out the ring with one on EACH SIDE" he says. He's ridiculous, I know, and far too wonderful to me....What a wonderful love I have... And we can never forget about Abner, so we went to Petco and TigerMania and bought him tons of toys and new happies.. He even got an LSU Jersey that he wears and his daddy is SO VERY PROUD. I never thought I would see the day that Rick would want Abs to wear any clothes but when he saw the jersey in Abner's size (which would be a pet's XL) he had to have it.. and Abner actually, HA, LIKES IT! We watched the LSU/Washington game and just hung out.. All in all, we had a low key, WONDERFUL weekend in our future home... I love it there... We were driving home last night, back to Cleveland, and thinking of everything that we have going on this upcoming week. Rickey is starting his first week of Team Practice, which he is SUPER excited about. The idea of not being a player has finally soaked in, and the challenge of transitioning from being a player to a coach has ARRIVED. And hes ROCKED it so far. We are also still researching houses in Cleveland (to which I would like to NOTE we have FOUND A FEW!! YAY! Thank you for your prayers!), job interviews for me, School, classes, baseball, Work, and that little thing we like to call the Harris-Noland wedding thats coming right around the bend!! HOORAY!

Enough for now.. I really have to get working on some stuff......
Avec tout mon couer... Lace

No comments:

Post a Comment