Thursday, August 20, 2009

ALOHA ~


Mahalo Kahuna.... (it means, "Thank you, Hawaiian Priest".. no relevance but sounds beachy. Yes?) I just got back from a wonderful and relaxing vacation to the beach with my sisters and mom. It was wonderful to be able to sit on my balcony and drink a nice sippy sip, eat some yummy "catch of the day", and get my sunshine on.. Much needed after a busy life I have had these last couple of months... WHEW! We had such a great time and it was fun to just spend time with my sisters since we are all departing to different directions for school, work, and life in general. We got home around lunch today and I was itching to get back to the clinic to visit my coworkers and get some stuff done. I have had the PRODUCTIVE bug today since my last few days have been spent like a fish in the water, just swimming and lounging.. After I left work for the afternoon, I was driving home and heard a song that made my mind totally think and keeps reminding me of perspectives that we face. Now, let me totally write that I am not a HUGGEEE Kenny Chesney fan. Although I think the guy has some talent, yes, most of his songs remind me of most of his songs that i've ever heard. But I loved the lyrics of the song, "Never Wanted Nothing More" (p.s. if you really want to check out a cool singer/songwriter from the Delta/MS/Nashvegas area check out Meagan Rae Mitchell.. She's also singing at my wedding for my first dance. Do I have to mention that she just rocks? I didnt think so.). Not all the lyrics apply to me in this song. I dont "wait to turn 16 and drive all the boys around"... BUT.. when the Chorus strikes it makes you realize this guy's got it right here, this is what life is all about, or SHOULD be.. "Well, I'm what I am and I'm what I'm not. I'm sure happy with what I've got. I live to love and laugh a lot and that's all I Need..." - TOTALLY LOVED THIS. That's how I totally feel. I am who I am, take it or leave me. And I am so very happy with my little imperfect self and my little imperfect life. I dont need a fancy life or grandeaur things. My future hubby and my pup make me smile and laugh a TON. My family is a blessing and more wonderful and supportive than anything. I got to thinkin' today, "Man, this is just all I need...". Rickey and I wont ever be bazillionaires (well, I cant say NEVER, things do happen, they do..) and the chances are ever so slim that we might be super wealthy.. But we will be happy, and full of love and peace with the good Lord on our sides.. I look forward to our hamburger helper dinners and times when we might have to save for weeks and weeks for that little "somethin" that we want.. I cant wait to work my tail off for things that my children need. Now, Im not saying that I want to struggle with my finances or I dont want to be comfortable in my living situation. I think that most people desire for that. Im just saying that I am fine with living in our perfect little average, happy, imparticular and imperfect home and life. Im fine with being average on this earth and in this life so that we can live a life that one can only dream about with our Father above.. I've got all I really REALLY really ever need and its a pretty satisfying feeling. Any other blessings that we recieve from here on out are BONUSES.. thinking about life that way makes me happy, sure does....

No comments:

Post a Comment