Thursday, November 19, 2009

Give Thanks...

I am definately a person of self reflection. With the holidays coming up, there are so many things that have been going through my mind that I am thankful for. My blog tonight is just to unleash the appreciation in my heart for those people and things that I am grateful for.

I am thankful for....

My Savior, who smiles down upon me daily and believes in the person that I am. The One who gave his life so that I could walk the path that he has chosen for me. I will never be enough for my Lord but he will forever and always be enough for me.

My family and friends.. (this includes my new friends and soon to be family, the nolands).. These people get "Me" and all the things that make this little heart tick. They see around my rough edges and accept me for all my challenges and mistakes, my pros and cons, and every little detail in between.

My puppy.. This baby brings such joy and happiness to my life, I cannot describe. Being that he is my VERY FIRST PET of my own, I totally get the "man's best friend" description. He loves me unconditionally and no matter what, is waiting at the door with a smile (literally) on his face and a howl to let out, to tell me he missed me and loves me. He is so precious and I would never take anything for him. Ever.

My bed.. I know that it sounds strange but one of my friends, Joy Cooper and I, both felt like this was something that we should be sooooo grateful for in our lives. I am able to have the luxury of sheets, and a matress that is finely made, and comfortable pillows and decor.. And when I get to leave work and head home to crawl in my bed, or when I'm sick, or even when I want to relax and watch a movie, I have that very own wonderful bed of mine to crawl into.. And do we all realize how many people in this world do not have a bed? So many sleep on the ground, or on a board, straw or make-shift bed, and thr thought of not having a place that i could go to uncoil makes me sad. So no matter what, I am always thankful for my bed.

My Coworkers... These are people who literally make a heart beat, bring a life into the world, save someone from cancer, or prevent someone from losing a life. These are people who take care of the critical and the sad, that care with more compassion than anyone in the world, and that rapture in the sight of helping others and making sure needs are met. I have worked with the most intelligent people and am proud to say that my career in the medical field has made me appreciate education and life more than anything. I am constantly challenged by these fine people, and most make my day just.. fun! I cannot wait to further my education because of these people and the impact that they have made on me to constantly challenge myself and to help others before anything else. I work with amazing people and proud to say that Nursing and Medicine is my calling.

My Mom, Mrs. Dana, Candice, and allllllll my wedding planners.... Since the Harris-Noland Nuptials are right around the corner (7 months and a week from Sat.), its definately been something that I have been working on for MONTHS now. and Without these people helping me, and brainstorming for me, and just loving me enough to listen to my ideas and my wants- I COULDNT DO THIS WITHOUT THEM. That's a fact. They are so awesome and amazing, and have no idea how any of this would happen without them.. They count down the days with me and i love it.

My Fiance and soon to be Husband... I cant just add him in the family category or friends category or even wedding planner category, although he is included in all of those.. He's amazing. What else can I say? At a point in my life where I didnt know where i was going, who I wanted to be, or what I wanted to do, he showed up and "climbed my wall" as he likes to call it. Rick makes me laugh and engages me as a person, always making me strive to be a better person, not only for him but for myself. He brings out the good in me and makes me smile, even more than i regularly do (and if you know me, then you know how much I smile). Rickey takes care of me when Im sick, picks out wedding china, and treats every single day as if its my birthday. He's brilliant and OH SO VERY TALENTED in the most BEAUTIFUL way. His talents are God given and used for our Lord above and his heart is the sweetest I have ever known. All in all, the guy's a dang great catch. How I got to be so lucky and blessed, I have no idea.... He's my perfection and I am so very thankful for him...


I am thankful also for sleep... So now i will do that..
More to come tomorrow.. Let me hear things that you guys are thankful for this holiday season!

Avec tout mon couer!
Lacey Harris Noland (to be). Has a ring to it, I'd say.

No comments:

Post a Comment