Friday, May 28, 2010

bragging rights....

I'm gonna take a minute to brag on my caterer and executive chef for the wedding.. Now, I've been tirelessly working with Monmouth and Scott regarding the menus for the wedding, bridesmaids luncheon, and Mrs Dana has been working on the rehearsal dinner. I knew coming into this whole wedding thing that Monmouth had some of the best food in the state of Mississippi. I also had HEARD of Scott as a chef and "southern culinary God". Ha :) this guy is the REAL deal. Voted as one of the top five chefs in the New Orleans area, he has taken the 1818 restaurant at Monmouth and transformed it into a fine dining experiance. I am PROUD to say that Chef Scott Varnedo is this years 2010 James Beard award winner and will be presenting his coursed meal July 28th in New York City at the James Beard Restaurant. I secretly checked his proposed menu online when I read the initial statement of his accolade and am proud to say that some of my wedding hors dourves are on his menu! ;) way to go scott!! I can't wait for all the friends and family who we love get to come meet you! Congrats!

No comments:

Post a Comment