Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Precious Time

Whew! The last month has been a little hectic and I feel like I have neglected my blog a little.. An update so far...

I have officially been living in Cleveland for a month now and its been a good change! Still trying to find friends and meet couples who are engaged or married, younger, with no kids, and busy schedules seems to be a little hard for Rickey and myself but we are trying! Baseball has officially started, with the boys playing this week in Boca Roton, Florida. Rickey didnt travel this game series because he was in charge of the boys who also didnt get to travel. He's been making sure they work out and go to class and do all the things they have to do on the day to day basis. He's also started back up with giving baseball lessons to the littles in town so needless to say he is busy. Since I am working a 3-2 split at night (3 nights on, 2 off then, 2 nights on, 3 off), time becomes precious to us. We average seeing each other an hour a day/night when I am working so we dont get much time to see each other sometimes! I have been off for the last two days and yesterday Rickey and I went on our first "date night" in Cleveland since we have moved. The Roof, a great little bar and restaurant in Cleveland offers this date night dinner every tuesday- an appetizer, two entrees, and desert for $30. Since we are trying to save money for the wedding and just to, well, save, this sounded perfect to us! The Roof has delish food, a brand new menu, and a cute little dining area that made us feel like we werent in Cleveland at all. It was wonderful to be able to sit and look at the man that I love and chat and talk to him about everything that has been going on in the past month, and everything that we have to look forward to!

The wedding keeps ticking closer and closer to being here. I am so excited I cannot stand it. Recently, I made my first trip to Natchez with Rickey's mom to start blocking the entire plantation off for everything that we are doing. The day of the wedding, the guys will be fishing and Monmouth will be hosting a little croquet game for our guests, while the girls get together in the main dining room and have a delishious brunch. All in all our wedding will be us, totally southern and classic, charming- but will be sooooo totally different as well. I cant wait til the weekend is here.. I also picked up my dress and its crunch time for me and Rickey to lose some weight so that we look awesome in our wedding pictures and honeymoon time..... that being said...

we started p90x.. for those of you who dont know what this it-and you are totally out of the loop if not because this is obviously the THING that everyone is or wants to do- its this drill seargent, boot camp, death like type workout that is supposed to get you in shape more than you have ever been in your life-if you can make it through the workouts alive. ;) We are actually doing fairly well, getting through our first week so far with minor aches and pains and major soreness.. We have also changed our diets completely, cutting out all our cokes and sugars in general. I have been detoxed a week and a day from Dr. Pepper and I can very well say that it's been alright! Rickey has also stopped eating sugar and poor thing, his bat buddy gal left him a box of cookies and nutter butters in his locker for this weeks game.... He was overly tempted! All in all we are losing some weight and feeling healthier. It makes me feel strong and in control and I love that!

Gotta get some rest before I work tonight... Love you all and will post more when I get something more interesting to talk about..

Avec tout mon couer... Lace

No comments:

Post a Comment