Monday, February 8, 2010

Feel that BRRREEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS!

Geaux SAINTS! I will admit, I've never been much of an NFL fan. I love college sports because I have always felt like the boys played because they loved it where professional players played because of the millions they made in salary. Learning from Rickey playing professionally, there is a difference in the nature of the game between College and Pro. My Grandmother Betty, if you knew her, loved football, and sports in general. So if there was a team that my family has always supported, it was just the saints. Betty would tell of how Archie Manning, when playing for the 'Aints, had a hard time and never won a super bowl or even a playoff game. All in al, my Betty would have LOVED to see those saints win a game. My new family who I adore is from LA, you know, and are ALLLLL die hard fans. Ryan and Stephen live in the heart of new orleans and from their porch you can almost see the super dome.this entire season I've watched these games and cheered for those saints like they were my very own brothers or sons and I have loved seeing them excel! We were excited for the super bowl and couldn't wait for a Saints victory! Rickey and I were in LA over the weekend and just the excitement and enthusiasm in the air was contageous. There were signs everywhere showing love and support. One house even had these inflatable pigs that were stuck in the trees with a sign that said "Pigs do fly! We believe!".. The hype was grand and everyone had hopes of a win.. Saturday afternoon, rickey and I went to the LSU-Kentucky basketball game and it was so funny to see everyone not dressed in purple and gold, but in BLACK and GOLD! All saints fans! I will admit (and goodness I never thought I would say this) but.. I love it down there- And I cannot wait for Baton Rouge to be my little home in a few years! Sunday nights game was awesome! I even got to watch a little before I left for work and rickey text me updates! We cheered and celebrated and everyone from LA that I knew text me! Joy oh joy! The saints won!

We had an exciting weekend all in all with our team winning and getting to see the great basketball game.. I love spending time with the Noland family. Mrs Dana always cooks a huge meal and makes the beat dinner so we stuffed ourselves with Ribs, brisket, shrimp dip, and gumbo. It was delish and definately not on our diet! We even ate some King Cake- Rickeys Favorite- and had nice sugar highs. :) Saturday morning was the best part of our weekend though.We woke up and met with our preacher, brother Terry, for our first marriage counseling session. I didn't know what to expect, but I knew we would enjoy it. Brother Terry has the most open mind and even more so, the most open heart, and to hear him say that not everything is perfect-so don't expect it to be was cool. He gave us great tools to use to build our marriage in faith and things to process and think about while we are going through the marriage process in general. he is very special to us and we are thankful he Is in our lives at such an important and exciting time. After we left our meeting with him sat morning, we scurried to our photographer, Debbie and Mike Medlock's house. We were taking engagement pictures that day and I was sooooo excited I couldn't stand it. Debbie and I had been discussing where to take out pictures, here or there, and we finally heard about a place that sounded cool. She took us to an Old Sugar Mill thirty minutes outside of Baton Rouge and we were sooooooooo awestruck to see this location. Even though the temps were in the lower 50's and 40's, we sucked it up and took some amazing pictures. When the security guard let us come inside because it was soo cold, we were even more amazed to find out that a select few people get to use this location because its reserved for MOVIES! Yep, that's right, its been used in three major motion pictures. I think the security guard thought Rickey and I were actors taking pictures or something because they rarely allow people on the property to stand, much less shoot pictures. A man from a magazine was there taking still pictures as well so maybe he thought we were with him, who knows! Needless to say, we have some of the absolute COOLEST pictures I have ever seen. A big green barn, huge cranks and bolts used to power the mill, and an old tractor were some of our settings. We even got to see the mill's batch of refined sugar that had been processed last (and was shoveled into about 6 garages).. We took pictures in this and it was sooo neat! I tasted it (which kinda grossed me out after the fact but oh well) and we loved our Sugar pictures. I mean, how many people can say they sat in glittery sugar mounds and took pictures kissing the one they loved!? :) I am soooo excited to see the finished product and will put them up as soon as I get them from Debbie. Shout out to the best photographer in the world!! Mike and Debbie Medlock!! :)

Have a great night!
Avec tout mon couer,
Lace

No comments:

Post a Comment