Thursday, February 18, 2010

Ode to Love...

I had a recent revelation the other early morning while sitting at work. From the 4:00 hour to the 6:00 hour is kinda dead (no pun intended), and I seemed to have a lot of time to reflect about some things that had been on my mind..now, I seem to blog about my wedding, or my little family, or really the same things over and over, and not to bore my readers but I will once again blog about something I love. My love.

You see, before Rickey, and my friends can attest, I might have been a cynic (help me on that spelling here) when it came to love. I thought I knew what it was, thought I'd had it or been in it before but, wasn't really sure it was real or true.. Breakups could leave me heart broken and losses in life left me torn and hurt. Was love real? I mean, love like in movies, love that was forever and withstanding to all the elements. I had watched my friends go through the same challenges with endings that I was so happy for. Per example, some of my friends had terrible relationships but with the help of strong will and a matchmaker found the man of hthier dreams. And he's GREAT! Other friends had prior "engagements" and had been in situations so long, they didn't know if a leap of faith might prove different and show a different path, but through strength and support, took a chance and was the absolute best one she ever made. Candice didn't really like her husband when she met him, and actually thought he was a bit too "cocky" for her, but over time, friendship became courtship, and courtship brought about serious love. In all those cases, and so many more I could name, I watched bad situations turn into glorious ones and happiness was abounding. When it was my turn to make changes in my life it was initially hard. Rickey and I had many, many challenges to face. And I was scared. But knew there was something about this that felt RIGHT. Completely true.

In any case, true love is hard to find. I don't think the initial factor of meeting someone will prove that love is there- time has to be on your side. But its real, it exists, and I'm living it. Its a happiness I cannot even describe, and sense of peace that lies sooo deep in your heart that u can never shake. Its a match- perfect match- of similarities and differences, fused together so perfectly that the relationship just works. Its supporting the one you love no matter what. Its speaking in kind words and affection- hugs and kisses at the door. Its wonderful. And I can only hope that all my friends and loved ones who are searching for that true love (which is sooo real and existant), just keep the faith and hold tight. I prayed for Rickey for a long, long, Looonnggg time.. And my prayers were definately answered. And I thank the great Lord above for my gift. Its there, so ask and you shall receive- and what a gift that is..

2 comments:

  1. This is a great post and I am sure it will touch some! I feel the same way as you do. I searched for love for a long long looonnnng time too. When all along its not something you can find. God already has someone picked out for everyone. He is just waiting on us to have FAITH in him and know that he will provide all of our hopes, dreams, wants and everything. And with in all of those things love is the most desirable!! I have love because I waited on God to send it to me and I kept my faith as you did the same. Love is powerful and "Love Never Fails"

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I am sure you know, I love Rickey like my own flesh and blood. He truly holds a place in my heart that has the same value as my own dear Reed. I have prayed since he was here with us that he would find ultimate happiness and it sounds as if he has found in you what you have found in him. I truly believe that God brought Rickey into mine and Todd's life so that we could prepare our hearts for Reed, it wasn't truly until we practiced being parents for our Rickey that we had the faith that we could do it. May God bless you and keep you both! May you never lose your zest for life or your spirit of love and happiness! Can't wait for June! Love from your 'second' mama! :)

    ReplyDelete