Monday, October 5, 2009

Life as we know it in the Delta....


Sometimes I don't know if I can fit anything else to do in my already crazy enough schedule, so please excuse the decline in my blog postings... But I'm awake and I'm back! Woo Hoo, the Blog continues... It really is a fun way to let people know what we are doing and how life is treatin' ole Rick and myself when we seem so far away from our friends and family in Baton Rouge, Denham Springs, New Orleans, New Jersey, Houston, and the ever close Oxford. A lot of times I can even call it my "therapy", when I'm stressed or annoyed or just want to brag on my cute little fiance'. Anyway... Life is good. Busy and hectic but enjoyable and blessed. Rickey and I have been trying to get past just the "wedding planning" and figure out "life" plans, such as jobs and school and where to live, etc etc... That being said, the thought of "oh my gosh I am going to move to Cleveland and have NO contacts and NO job lined up and know NO ONE" began to set in and therefore my worry went sky high. So I have been on the hunt for jobs, and homes, and friends. We are still in the process of "church shopping" as I like to call it and found a few that seem to be right up our ally. The two that we like offer supportive communities, we believe the word that is being said, and feel at home in the church and church family. This was very important to me when we moved to a new place and starting a fresh, young marriage. I heard someone say that "a marriage is not just two people, but its a trio of God, a husband, and a wife" and that just really made sense. So church shopping is good for us, and in that, my fears of meeting people subside. The home situation is so-so. We are looking for places to rent. Buying a house in Cleveland, Mississippi is... well.. not really something that we want to do. After checking out the market, houses seem to be over priced and the resale for houses dont look too hot.. Plus, we have set a rule that we dont intend to buy a house if we dont plan to live somewhere two years or more. Our hearts are somewhere else, and unless Rickey is offered a big time big time big time coaching job at Delta State, we see ourselves moving to the Baton Rouge/Denham Springs area in a few years. :) I can see Big Rick smiling as he reads this right now. So, needless to say, we are searching for the right rental home, in Cleveland, that wont cost us a fortune- in rent or utilities, that also allows for a dog the size of a horse. What we have found meeting that enormous criteria is slim pickins.. But we are praying some nice little graduating college students will help us out at the end of the semester and MOVE. Keep your fingers crossed. As for jobs, I ended up landing a job at the hospital in Ruleville, that I will work every other weekend as they need me until we "officially" move. Once I move, I got the clear to work full time during the week on a 3/2 split which is good (Work three days, off two-Next week work two days off three kinda thing). We will see how it goes. I like the hospital, its small and quaint, but Im not working with OB or the little ones that I love, so Im sure I will find something to fit my niche' better when everything is settled in. And then again, I might just LOVE it there.. Options are open for anything. As for Rick, he is just loving coaching and I continue to be so proud but I can tell his longing to "play baseball" more and more. Delta State hosted a Parent's Weekend for all the baseball players families to come into town. On Saturday they had an intersquad exibition game for the parents and friends and it was so nice and refreshing to see all the boys back on the field, throwing and hitting. I got to meet some mom's I never knew, and see my friends that I missed from times back. It was nice and made me ready for baseball season to REALLY start! I sat down in my little seat and looked out on the field during the second inning (I got there late, naturally) and there was MY RICKEY, wearing that familiar green and white catching gear and being an UMPIRE. It was so different because I wanted him to be playing-being that captain of the field like i know him to be, and I missed seeing him behind the plate. But I knew that he was loving coaching and this was where our life was going now. Rickey did a great job, tag teaming coaching the boys and umpiring the game, and even made some loud (and very entertaining) "SSSSTTTRRRIIKKKEEEE" sounds. After the game, I ran to get him some food because I knew he was starving and met him outside the baseball offices. We ate and were lazy for the rest of the day, watching football and hanging out with all the guys, those who I like to call our "Delta Family". Critter (Rickey's best friend and Groomsman in our wedding) was sick and so I made him grilled cheese and chicken noodle soup and took care of Rick with the six other baseball guys that were there. On our way home, Rickey told me how much he missed playing and how bad he wanted to "just grab a ball and throwdown to second base". I missed it too and we just kinda looked at each other for this LOOONNNNGGG minute, knowing how bad it was hurting not playing, but also having this silent understanding that life was changing.. This change is new and its good, but it's definitely taking some getting used to... This weekend is my birthday and I am planning (CROSS YOUR FINGERS) on Rickey and myself to get to go to LA to see his family and wedding dress shop. IF it continues to rain in the Delta then the boys might have to practice this weekend and we wont go home. I really want to be able to go and I am SO EXCITED you just dont know. I have been waiting until the right moment to shop with Mrs. Dana and Candice for a dress and it's finally that time! Rickey is also really excited about this birthday present he's worked on for me, and goodness only KNOWS what this is that he's done... He's such a good present-giver, I can only imagine. I love when he makes me things, so maybe thats it. Cross your fingers for clear skies so that we can travel and see the people we love the most.. and then go ahead and cross your fingers for our travels TO SEE the people we love the most with our huge mini-horse that we haul around named Abner. ;) Avec tout mon couer..... the future Lacey Noland.

More of my precious Coach Noland.

Delta Family.

Sleepy baseball boys.

Oh my little nemo.

No comments:

Post a Comment