Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Happppy Birthdayyyy to MEEEE!


I am usually a "fly by the seat of my pants" kinda girl, but at the young but old age of 25, I have settled into more of a "fly by the seat of my Plans" kinda girl. Friday I left work and headed to see Rickey in Cleveland, thinking that we were going to hang out and have a rainy weekend in the Delta. Once I got there, Rickey told me to grab Abner and load my clothes in the car, cause we were heading to Louisiana. We both did the mad dash around the house, packing and loading clothes into the car, grabbing the pup and throwing him in the bathtub (which, if you know how LARGE abner is, you will understand that his bath is an hour long process) and then heading out of town. Whew! We got to LA around midnight and Rickey was so anxious for me to open his presents. He was so proud of the wrapping job that he did, that I had to take a picture.


Notice the edge........ I loved it.. I opened the first box which was a cute pair of new Nike Twilight Runner SI's (he made me remember the name of them because he says they are so awesome!) and I was sooo happy. I needed a new pair of shoes so TERRIBLY bad and now I feel sporty.. The next present, which could tell was making him more ansy than normal, I opened and had NO IDEA it would be what it was... Rickey had tracked all over the WORLD to find me a 2006 World Series Game Day baseball that was used in the world series and is signed by my favorite player, Albert Pujols. Now, if you know me, I LOVE Albert. He is, no doubt, the greatest player in baseball and has a faith in God that is unshakable. I have always admired him and looked up to him as a man, a husband to his precious wife, and player. This baseball is literally PRICELESS. In 2006, the Cardinals won the World Series, in which this ball was used, and Albert Pujols won the National League MVP. It's literally one of the most prized posessions that I now own. I am so lucky to have someone who loves me so much and who takes into such consideration things that mean a lot to me. This present is amazing, just like my fiance'.

Abner and Rickey holding the signed ball they gave to me for my birthday.



I am so HAPPY!

On Saturday, I woke up and headed into Baton Rouge with Rickey's mom, Mrs. Dana. She made me an appointment at the Bridal Boutique at eleven that morning and we shopped with our sweet, sweet bridal consultant, Robin. I ended up finding two dresses that I was in LOVE WITH and left not knowing which one I would get.. They were both perfect, both in my price range, and both made Mrs. Dana cry!

Awww... After we left bridal boutique, we went and ate at my new favorite place in Baton Rouge, La Madeline's.. It's this precious french bistro that has the most divine salads, soups, and french desserts. We shared cheesecake and snacked and had the BEST time. It is so refreshing to have such a wonderful mother in law, who understands me and who I can talk, and I mean REALLY talk to. She is adorable in so many ways and we had such a great day. After we left there, we stopped by a few other stores that had dresses and tried them one. None of them came CLOSE to the two that I previously fell in love with so I knew then and there I had some decisions to make. Mrs. Dana found her mother of the groom dress and it is soooooooooo pretty! We headed back to the house in the evening and hung out with Rickey, Mr. Rickey, Ryan, his friend Ryan Poe and his precious wife! We watched the LSU game and stuffed our faces, having a blast together. Sunday morning we celebrated with my birthday lunch at my FAVORITE place in LA, Monjunies. This place has the most wonderful italian food that I have ever eaten in my life, and I could LITERALLY eat here every single day. They have the best Spaghetti and Meatballs (which Rickey loves) and I always get the Neopolatin (a rolled and stuff pasta with meat and alfredo sauce. DELISH!)...

YAY for Monjuni's!!!


I couldnt find pics of the restaurant, but I did find a pic of the chandelier that hung above our table sunday... Rickey and I both admired this, and I thought it was funny I found it.. Google finds everything. :)

We were all sooooo stuffed after lunch that we came home and took a nap while watching football.. Rickey and I had to leave to drive back to Cleveland that evening and on the way home I had a lot of time to think about the dresses and which one I want.... and after four and a half hours, two stops to use the bathroom, one visit to the gas station, and an eventful birthday weekend........ I DECIDED..... :)


Avec tout mon couer... Lace

1 comment:

  1. sounds great Lacey!! I can't wait to see you in your dress! BTW...I LOVE Le Madeline's as well...also, we always go to Chimes when in BR! It's SOOO good!

    ReplyDelete