Wednesday, April 21, 2010

My Little Helper Elf

In my mind, I think that Abner has decided that he likes wedding planning. Here recently, as we are closer to saying our vows, we have started to recieve some packages in the mail. UPS, FedEx, and the post man are all fluent with our mailbox and front door. When the doorbell rings, Abner has learned that usually someone is here to visit, and he might be bringing a BOX. Something about doggies and the small things in life I guess. They love boxes, sticks, shoes, string. You can buy them a $12.00 doggie present for them to nibble on or a $20.00 frisbee, but if they have a choice, they will choose the piece of rolled up paper on the floor and play with that for hours.

Abner KNOWS when I open the door and there is a big, square, brown thing sitting on the ground that we are about to have a blast. I bring the package in the house as he wags and trips over his own feet in excitement. His eyes and smile just scream, "MOM! What is THHATTT!" and the howling begins.

Today was one of those days. There was a Ding-Dong! at the door and Abner went a runnin'. We got the package in the house and I proceeded to open the box flaps to find the little morsel popcorn-packer things. I dug around, while abner was in amazement, and pulled out a beautifully wrapped Silver gift with a bow. I unrapped the box, leaving the bow and paper on the floor and ran to the bathroom, not thinking ANYTHING about that box or Abner... And upon my arrival back in the living room... This is what i saw.
Abner Loves to open wedding presents. And especially loves the bows. Candice told me that however many ribbons you break when opening wedding gifts, are the number of children that you will have. Lets not leave this up to Abner....... :)
More pics to come as soon as I get some time. Dinner is ready.
Avec tout mon couer,
Lacey Marie

No comments:

Post a Comment