Friday, April 23, 2010

Denham Springs Shower


Rickey and I were so excited (and lucky) to be thrown a bridal shower at the Amite Baptist Church in Denham Springs, LA last Sunday. Since I didn't really know everyone, Rickey thought that he might just tag a long to see what a "bridal shower" is all about. Needless to say, he was an absolute HAM and had a fun time. It was also so nice for all the ladies of the church who threw the shower for us to get to me US, he and I, and spend time interacting with us both. We were soooo fortunate to be able to have a fun filled afternoon, laughing and joking with everyone, opening some fabulous presents, and eating some yummmmmmy food!
Along with some of the great gifts, I got to open a gift from Rickey's mother, Mrs. Dana, who is the most wonderful person in the world. She gave me a set of pearl earrings and a bracelet that she had restrung and set in white gold clasps. Naturally I got emotional, since the present was so beautiful. Only did I learn after I opened this gift- that it was Rickey's Great Great Grandmother's pearls - his Mamaw Cornett. This was the most special gift I have ever recieved, other than Rickey asking me to marry him with my engagement ring. I have the best family in the world, great friends, and the most fantastic support system. I am a blessed girl.
Here are some pics of the shower! I will have more when Candice sends me the ones she took. There are from Ms. Teresa Brian.
Avec tout mon couer,
Lace



















No comments:

Post a Comment