Tuesday, August 10, 2010

WORRRRRY

Sometimes all I can do is worry. I worry when I wake up, I worry when I think, I worry even when I sleep and that means I don't sleep at all. There can be so many things that are going on, have gone on, need to be done, should have been said, blah blah blah and I worry about it all. From Abner, to my sisters, to my family, to my job, to Rickey's job, to school, to Rickey's school, money, bills, scholarships, life, life, life- I am a natural born worrier. I have seemed to think that sometimes this may work to my advantage and since I worry, I make sure to get things done. On the other hand, to Rick, I am a disaster when I worry and it drives him crazy. You know that I love to read my devotional and it always seems to bring a sense of "understanding" into my daily situations and today's was regarding worry.. I had never really sat down and thought that my "worrying" meant that I was not giving myself and my trust and faith 100% to the Man above, but it makes sense now. If you worry, that means your faith is in doubt. If your faith is strong, you shouldn't even have to HAVE a sense of worry. Simple as that.

I thought that I would share my devotional regarding worry for all the worriers out there! Enjoy!

Avec tout mon couer,
Lace

Day 83
Love Refuses to Worry

"The worries of this age, the seduction of wealth, and the desires for other things enter in and choke the word, and it becomes unfruitful." - Mark 4:19

Some people believe that worry is impossible to escape. To not worry, they think, it not to care, or not to live in reality. But worry is always a distraction from what God wants our thoughts to be focused on. Worry literally means "to divide the mind". It keeps us from loving, serving, and obeying the Lord with full devotion. It is a sin against God.
As people bound for heaven by the saving work of Jesus Christ, we are free to live without fear of the future, and therefore free to live without fear in the present. Bad things that might happen are swallowed up by the assurance that "the Lord if for me; I will not be afraid" (psalm 118:6).
So even though our fickle emotions will always be susceptible to worrying, we can spare each other untold hours of turmoil by committing to keep worry out of our hearts. Because it is built on the prideful assumption that God is not in control of our lives- and that WE ARE- worry is a waste of valuable time.

No comments:

Post a Comment