Sunday, August 1, 2010

The First of the Last

Tomorrow is a special day in our little Noland family. Rickey is starting his very First day of his last semester in school, and if you know the interesting road that we have been down, this is exciting. I seem to brag about my husband, and I can do that - because my husband is AWESOME down to the core- and today will be another one of those days when I brag on him and his achievements.

If you know Rick, you know this kid is a true gem. Rick is probably the hardest worker that I have ever met when it comes to a couple things: wanting to help someone who needs help, wanting to do something that he wants to do, and wanting to keep a promise or a goal that he has made to someone. He will stop at NOTHING, and I mean Nothing, to make sure that the people he knows and loves are taken care of- before his sweet little self needs anything. Rickey is a perfectionist and a competitor and he loves a challenge and rising above. My husband has a heart of GOLD and is sold to the things that matter- God and family, puppies, children, and ball. His story goes that when he was a little boy, his was asked what he wanted to be when he grew up. He drew a baseball player on paper and chose to follow that dream. Rickey played ball and that was his life- a ball PLAYER- up until 2 years ago when he was released from the St. Louis Cardinals organization following Spring Training. Let down is not the word to describe this feeling that my sweet Rick had, BUT, as our God proves to be strength and the One that we can always run to, he led Rick on a path to finish his college career and choose a path that would touch hearts more than anyone ever imagined.

Tomorrow Rick starts the first day of his last semester doing Student Teaching at Margaret Green Junior High here in Cleveland, MS. He is still coaching ball here at Delta State and things are going well with that.. But Rick's heart is ready to give up the player role he's held for so long. He will be finishing his degree in teaching with hopes of teaching Special Education. His passion- his forte'- has migrated far beyond a baseball field where he teaches healthy and athletic young men how to field and ball and promote themselves to become professional players. He is on a road to be able to be a mentor, a leader, a role model, a teacher, and a friend, to special needs children who will LOVE Coach Noland more than any of us could imagine. To me, the idea that my husband will wake up every single morning, put on his khakis and tie, and walk into a school system where he makes more of a difference in students lives who, personally, intimidate me- is amazing. I could not do what he is choosing to do with his life, but if you ask him, he loves it. I am so proud of my husband... He is just the best thing that has ever happened to me and I am soooo excited to begin this journey with him as we end this semester of teaching and coaching and hopefully begin a new life in the new future (in DENHAM SPRINGS!!)

Enough for now, gotta get back to work... Yep, still working nights with some little changes coming for me.. Will update on that a little later.......

Avec tout mon couer,
Lace

No comments:

Post a Comment