Thursday, November 4, 2010

Happy Birthday, Catch!

I honestly have so many things that I am thankful for. I have a cute little roof over my head, a puppy who I adore endlessly, and family and friends who are my world. My blogs seem to always revolve around these three things. But an addendum to the "family" one is my husband, Rickey! I would not be who I am without my Rick. Although we have been married for 5 MONTHS already, I cannot remember what my life was like before Rickey walked into it. So today, I am so very very thankful that 25 years ago, Rickey Craig came into this world and has enriched my life more than I ever could imagine! :)

Now.. Since that sweet, sappy paragraph above has been said - I think that birthdays are awesome! EVERYONE deserves a day in the 365-day calendar we all use to just celebrate themselves. Birthdays are needed, it's deserved, and its special! Since Rickey and I became an item, we always discussed things that we wanted in the future- kids, living our "baseball life", a cute house, and celebrating any and every special day and occasion we could! I got to have the luxury of spending my birthday with our LA family and having a great cake (my favorite is vanilla cake with almond buttercream icing = traditional wedding cake) and party! As Rickey's birthday was following my explosive Halloween party and decor, he pulled me aside and made me swear I wouldnt go all out for his birthday though. He said that he wanted something "low key" since we werent going to be able to go to LA and with our friends wedding weekend starting tomorrow. Sadly, I also have to work tonight since I am taking the next two days off for Sarah and Clays wedding, so I agreed not to "go all out"... But in my mind, I knew that I was going to pull SOMEthing off and I wanted him to have a fabulous day!

Abner and I spent most of the day cleaning the house, baking Rickey's birthday cake (which I am so proud of I could scream) and decorating with a little "birthday banner" for the birthday boy! When he came home from school, he had a funny birthday card and indulged in his cake! I am also making a new recipe for his dinner tonight so he's a happy guy! We are going to continue to celebrate his 25th birthday with his parents and all our friends this weekend as we celebrate the marriage of Clay Sartain and Sarah Lewis!

I posted some pics of his birthday cake- he LOVES Red Velvet- and the banner I made. If you havent told my Mr. Wonderful HAPPY BIRTHDAY yet, get right on that! Will blog more after the weekend's wedding! So excited!

Avec tout mon couer,
Lace
Abner got tired of helping... Nap time.

Happy Birthday, Catch banner!

Rickey's Red Velvet four layer cake with cream cheese icing! Yes! I made that!
(and 25 candles with one to "grow on")

from the side- a big lopsided but Hey..

Blow em out!

MAKING A WISH!!! :)

YES. Thats right. I made it :) I am so proud.

Happy Birthday Catch! We love you! Lacey and Abner

No comments:

Post a Comment