Monday, September 27, 2010

GO EAT AT CHILI'S!!! National Donation Day!! :)

Everyone holds something near and dear to their heart... I can name lots of things: My 2006 World Series game ball signed by Albert Pujols himself, my husband, precious family members and friends, hearing my nephew Harrison laugh, pics of sweet Betty, Abner when he cuddles with me, my 2 shiny state championship medals..... And MOST of those things  are uncomparable to my charity of choice, the one that has touched my heart in ways I cannot express, St. Jude Children's Research Hospital... TODAY (Monday, Sept. 27th) is National Donation Day at Chili's Bar and Grill all over the country and I invite you to get out and eat there for Lunch, Dinner, and afternoon snacks BECAUSE 100% percent of profits go directly to St. Jude!!! Chili's is one of the largest donating sponsers to St. Jude and they so graciously do this once a year to help fund the Chili's Care Center wing of the hospital- which is amazing! If you have never toured the Campus and you are in Memphis, TN for some odd reason, make a POINT to visit it :) The most amazing thing that was inducted into the St. Jude goal by founder Danny Thomas, was to leave NO CHILD behind in thier fight against pediatric cancer or life threatening illnesses due to a family's inability to pay.. NO MATTER where a child or family is from- background, city, state, country- St. Jude COVERS healthcare costs, travel, and living expenses that cannot be afforded by each and every family. So for each patient, family member who has to stop work or move, medical treatment costs, salary funds to pay the worker "angels", and just day to day runnings of electricity and bills- the hospital PAYS OUT over ONE MILLION DOLLARS A DAY! So let's help them out by heading to Chili's :)

Having worked there for a brief stent, I am LUCKY to say that I got to stand in the presence of Doctors, Nurses, and staff- all of these people are angels walking on earth. These people are on the forefront of hopefully curing pediatric cancer and they save life after life after life every single day. I got to work alongside these amazing people and my mind and heart are forever changed because of thier souls, minds, and good works. Not only that, I am also LUCKY to say that I got to be hugged by, loved by, and embraced the strength that each of these precious little patients possess. There are no words to decribe the fight in these little bodies and the hearts that they have. There are not even any words to describe the love they give when THEY are fighting a battle we cannot imagine fighting ourselves... On the days that I feel I dont wanna get out of bed because I'm tired or stressed, overwhelmed or overworked, frustrated, upset, confused, or just plain ole BLAH- I think of them and what they go through on a day-to-day basis and I am instantly motivated to give each day my ALL. Rickey and I are official St. Jude Children's Research Hospital Partners in Hope and donate monthly to the cause. I encourage everyone to become a Partner in Hope because your monthly donation is the best feeling! Today we are gonna push the cause further and salute you ST. JUDE!!! Cheers to the best charity and cause in the world and one that is soooo near and dear to my heart! DONATE to the Littles at St. Jude :) NOW GO EAT SOME QUESO AND SIZZLIN FAJITAS!!!!!!! GO GO GO! :)

Avec tout mon couer,
Lace





















1 comment:

  1. Please update soon, I am having major withdrawls!!! Love to you and Mr. Rick!

    Aunt Weezy :)

    ReplyDelete